was the youngest of five children of Jesse and Robert Vaughan who were married at St Michael’s Church Aughton in 1892. The father Robert, came from Chester and his wife Jesse was born in Maghull. In 1901 the family were living at Sunnyside Turnpike Road Maghull and in Bedford Road Melling in 1911. He joined the South Lancashire Regiment in 1915 and was discharged due to ill health in 1918. He died on March 9th 1920 and is buried in St Thomas’s Churchyard and his name is honoured upon the memorial there.